Saturday, May 23, 2009

More stripping and sanding ....does it ever end?




I pick up Robert and we make the 30 minute drive to Stillwater. I appreciate spending this time with him and the energy he has put into this project. He had spent the previous Monday stripping the hull with Joel. It's all off and Joel is sanding and fixing dock dings. No additional planks are needed and she looks great.

Joel has also removed all of the old canvas off of the foredeck. Again, I think I am very lucky because the decking is solid. Joel will install a West System over this replacing the original canvas system.

We are assigned to strip the cabin sides of varnish. I suck at this but need to get it down. Once again Robert proves that his patience and technique is better than mine. I guess fathers should listen to their sons every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment